Saturday, August 1, 2009

We're Back!

I know it has been forever since we updated this thing, and I apologize to all my loyal viewers! Ha! The problem is that I just don't have very many note worthy things going on in my life. I go to work, school, church, and that's about it. Thankfully we went on an awesome vacation this summer and have some pictures to share. I have always wanted to see the California coast line so we decided to drive in this summer. We started in St. George, then to Las Vegas, Chatsworth Ca, Sunnyvale Ca, Fort Bragg Ca, Coos Bay Or, Vancouver Wa, and ended up in Seaside Or. So we spent a week on the road and then a week in Seaside at Rachel's parents condo. The whole trip was 3,000 miles round trip. So it was a long drive with a 11 month old baby! However Axel did great, better than I could ever had imagined. Anyways here are some pictures from the trip.
Here we are in not so Fabulous Las Vegas. It always looks so much more classy in the movies. But in reality it is just a place full of shame and misfortune! I felt dirty just driving through the place! Lucky for me we only stayed one night. However for some reason I still feel like I need to meet with my bishop after just visiting Vegas!
Here we are driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. I thought it was alot longer than it really was. I had also hoped to see a jumper or something exciting like that. But alas no, it was fun just to be able to say I have driven over it!








This is Axel&Rachel on the California coast, I had to go to the bathroom and we stopped here. It was a really great view. There were homes galore lining the coast. (I still don't like California however)

This is us at the Tillamook cheese factory in ironically Tillamook Oregon. It was fun to see all the cheese being made. They also sell fudge, ice cream, jams, jellys, ect... It was a fun little break from the long drive.




We also hit the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield California. We had to wait like 2 1/2 to 3 hours for the free tour. Had we known it was going to be that long of a wait we probably wouldn't have gone. But I am glad we did it, they make so many Jelly beans! Here is a picture of my favorite president, immortalized in Jelly beans! Apparently he loved Jelly beans and was pretty much the main reason Jelly Belly is what they are today! What didn't Reagan do?

So that we could all get some sleep, we would take shifts driving. It was Axel's turn this time, he would always get distracted and never checked his blind spots. But we made it home in one piece, so no harm done!

Here Axel is enjoying the view out the condos windows. We were right on the beach, so we had a great view all the time! The best part was at night when there would be dozens of camp fires burning and fireworks going off. Fun times!
This is the day before we left for home. We decided to let Axel loose in the sand, he loved it! Just screamed when we had to leave. His cousin Tabitha helped us bury him in the sand, good times good times.

In the end it was a great trip, we got to see so many new things and visit so many states. I really love seeing all the sights. We figured we had better get this trip done before Rachel has our next child. I don't care how many kids we have I am still going to drag them all along on my road trips!

5 comments:

Joellen said...

We're so happy you updated your blog! Love the pictures and the update about your trip. You forgot to say one of the things you do besides go to work, school, and church, is that you hang out at your parents house the rest of the time.

Keep up the updates. We love reading them.

Unknown said...

5 1/2 months, wow! It's time we gave you crap about not updating!

Was that a baby announcement at the end of your update? That's about as clear as the fog in San Fransisco!

Grandma Marie said...

So glad to hear from you again. Way to long. Such fun stuff. Love your commentary. Axel driving was the best. Now just keep it up.

Amy said...

I love that picture of Rachel and Axel. I can't believe how much he's grown since the last time I saw him!

Matt and Jess said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'd love to go to Oregon, but just skip over the California part, I'm not a fan of the place. Axel is such a fun little boy, so cute!